The Art of Seeing – Schedule
The Art of Seeing
The schedule below outlines the various activities and offerings that are included on this retreat. The sequence of these events will be created to support the flow and delivery of the offerings.
Many of you will arrive at Sugar Beach sometime on Sunday afternoon. You’ll have a chance to settle in, swim in the pool, play in the ocean and soak up the beauty of your environment before you indulge in a delectable dinner. After dinner, we’ll have a general introduction to the retreat and an opportunity for participants to begin to get acquainted with each other.
Each morning you may choose to join a Meditation and Yoga session and/or you may take an early morning walk on the beach before having a delicious breakfast in the open-air restaurant. There are vibrant sun-rises in this area and as the ocean and land critters awaken you can feel the energy of life all around you.
Below, you will see the general schedule for the entire week. You will have lots of time to learn amazing art lessons, tips and practical information from John that you can use to enhance your artistic skills and ability and you will also have time for exciting adventures, playful activities, sharing time with others and time to relax and absorb the beauty of this splendid tropical paradise. John will be with us for the entire retreat.
This schedule is flexible and may change. Each evening the specific schedule for the following day will be written on a white board. This allows us to focus on what the group needs and supports the growth of individuals. The following are the general offerings for this retreat:
* Workshop art sessions from John on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
* Daily Yoga/meditation sessions
* A voluntary Service Project may be available. We’ll make a decision as a group*
* A Costa Rican Adventure. On Wednesday, after lunch, we will leave Sugar Beach and go to Flamingo Beach. There we will board a catamaran that will take us an a gorgeous sailing journey that includes fun snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. During the voyage we will drop anchor so you can snorkel, paddle board or just take time to capture and sketch your splendid surroundings. We will stay on the ocean until the end of the day so you can experience what will likely be an amazing sunset.
* Evening sessions
* You may choose a massage or energy work, at your own cost, from one of the experienced body workers
* A Mandala ceremony on the beach followed by a closing exhibition of the new creations
* Individual time will be provided so that you can enjoy the beach, play in the waves, relax by the pool and embrace each other’s company
Art Supplies to bring with you
* a collection of lead pencils – various hardness’
* pencil sharpener
* colored pencils
* drawing pad – 100lb. paper – at least 11″ x 14″ or 11″ x 17″
* conte` sepia and black
* dried brick watercolors in a tin tray and black ink
* some brushes in a variety of sizes
* fountain pen with cartridge replacements
* black, blue and sepia colored pencils (can be watercolor pencils)
* a pencil sharpener
* kneaded eraser and vinyl eraser
* a soft pencil/pen/brush case
* journal(s) with paper that can take a variety of mediums (like a mole skin journal) – 8″ x 10″
* optional – easel box or foldable easel stand (small)