Capture COSTA RICA in Color with Robbie Laird
Capture Costa Rica in Color
March 24 – 30, 2019
Dates: March 24 – 30, 2019
Location: Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Special Guest: Robbie Laird
Investment: $2,290 – $2,410 per person (double occupancy)
Breakthrough to new levels of freedom and confidence in your techniques and design fundamentals in a captivating, tropical setting.
Overview / Schedule / Accommodations-Cost / About Us / Getting There / Register
A special treat…the first 12 people who register will receive a
$300 discount per person
Join us as we soak in the splendid beauty and essence of Costa Rica. We will capture, in our sketch journals, the spirit of the natural connections in this beach setting embraced by warm Pacific Ocean waves. We will experience tropical forests, monkeys, iguanas, pelicans, seascapes, amazing sunsets and a host of magical critters and beings. It is a painter’s dream! Our home base will be a beach front resort at Sugar Beach on the northwestern Pacific shores of Costa Rica where will we have a fabulous open air studio overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We will also explore nearby locations for Plein-air sketching and painting small color studies. We’ll fill our sketchbooks with our individual heartfelt expressions and personal impressions of Costa Rica!
What the workshop instructions include:
- Select the most important art materials to take for easy travel and creative options.
- Learn how to choose what to sketch, where to begin and when to move on to the next.
- Robbie will demonstrate multiple ways to capture information in quick color studies and sketches, including: graphite and ink drawings; value studies with gouache and ink; and quick color studies using watercolor pencils, crayons and paints.
- Robbie will show you how to create personalized drawings from your own photos, interpreted with your “Artist’s Eyes”.
- Learn how to use your sketches, studies and photos, to create paintings in the studio.
What you can gain in this workshop experience:
* Develop skills and a mindset for successful travel sketching and painting.
* Learn which materials suit you best.
* Learn to use your collected travel sketches to lead you to more personal paintings.
* Create a wealth of memorable sketches and drawings.
We have gone to Costa Rica twice and are excited to go again and enjoy some new locations this time! This is a perfect trip for painters and non-painters to share, with plenty of magical opportunities for all.
Most of the pictures on this website are from the fun and value experiences we had last time in Costa Rica. Every time I see them, I’m ready to be there again! Choose to be with us this time. Robbie
Accommodations and Cost – The cost for this retreat is between $2295 – $2445, depending on choice of accommodations, per participant in double occupancy. Any traveling companion not participating in the art workshop portion will receive a discount of $300 …click here for all the details