Capture COSTA RICA in Color with Robbie Laird – Schedule
Capture Costa Rica in Color
March 24 – 30, 2019
The schedule below outlines the various activities and offerings that are included on this retreat. The sequence of these events will be created to support the flow and delivery of the offerings.
Many of you will arrive at Sugar Beach sometime on Sunday afternoon. You’ll have a chance to settle in, swim in the pool, play in the ocean and soak up the beauty of your environment before you indulge in a delectable dinner. After dinner, we’ll have a general introduction to the retreat and an opportunity for participants to begin to get acquainted with each other.
Each morning you may choose to join a Meditation and Yoga session and/or you may take an early morning walk on the beach before having a delicious breakfast in the open-air restaurant. There are vibrant sun-rises in this area and as the ocean and land critters awaken you can feel the energy of life all around you.
Below, you will see the general schedule for the entire week. You will have lots of time to learn amazing art lessons, tips and practical information from Robbie that you can use to enhance your artistic skills and ability and you will also have time for exciting adventures, playful activities, sharing time with others and time to relax and absorb the beauty of this splendid tropical paradise. Robbie will be with us for the entire retreat.
This schedule is flexible and may change. Each evening the specific schedule for the following day will be written on a white board. This allows us to focus on what the group needs and supports the growth of individuals. The following are the general offerings for this retreat:
- Workshop art sessions from Robbie on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Daily Yoga/meditation sessions
- A voluntary Service Project…We will go the nearby village of Potrero and work with the children on an art project and possibly support them with a beach clean-up.
- A Costa Rican Adventure. On Wednesday, you will have a choice, at your own cost, to experience a variety of activities including: a horseback ride, zip lines, rafting, boating in the mangroves, kayaking, paddle-boarding, mud-baths and more. You will be given all the details when you arrive so you can make your selection see details here
- Evening sessions
- You may choose a massage or energy work, at your own cost, from one of the experienced body workers
- A Mandala ceremony on the beach followed by a closing exhibition of the new creations
- Individual time will be provided so that you can enjoy the beach, play in the waves, relax by the pool and embrace each other’s company
If you choose to accompany your partner/friend and you will not be part of the art workshops, there are lots of engaging and exciting activities awaiting you:
- Relax and read pool-side
- Boogie-boarding in the playful waves of the Pacific
- Photography opportunities
- Hiking along the beach and trails
- Explore Potrero, a 15 minute walk to the nearby village
A fifteen minute walk south of Sugar Beach is, Pura Vida. There you may:
- Go kayaking
- Paddle boarding
- Gentle surfing
- Mountain bike trail riding