Lifeline Enlightenment: Getting There
Detoxify Your Mind So You Can Remember What You’ve Been Programmed To Forget
January 15 – 21, 2023
Getting to Santarena Hotel
The Santarena hotel is located on playa Danta in the Guanacaste Province of Costa Rica, also known as the Gold Coast. From the Liberia International airport it is approx. 50 miles.
If you wish to extend your stay, it’s best to do it through Global Journeys. There are available rooms for an extended stay prior to the start of the retreat on January 15th, and also after the end of the retreat on January 21st. Let us know your wishes and we will work with you.
Please make flight arrangements to arrive at the Liberia airport (LIR) between noon and 3 pm on January 15th and depart after 1 pm on January 21st. We will have a shuttle pick you up at the Liberia airport and bring you to Santarena and at the conclusion of the retreat, we will get you back to the Liberia airport. Within these time frames the shuttle is included as part of your cost. If you arrive and/or depart at a different time, we are happy to arrange transportation for you at an additional cost.
The travel time between the airport and Santarena Hotel is approximately one hour and 15 minutes.
Please be aware of the no-refund policy stated on the registration page.
If you decide to rent a car, (though you will not be needing a car during the retreat) here are the directions to Santarena.
Driving directions from Liberia to Santarena: When you exit the airport service road, take a right and go 29 km to Belen intersection. At the Belen intersection, take a right following signs to Catalinas, Flamingo, Melia Conchal. Follow this road for 26 km through Huacas. Just after Huacas, take the first right following signs to Catalinas, Flamingo, etc. Stay on this road for 9 km passing through Brasilito. At the junction for Flamingo / Potrero, veer right onto the dirt road toward Potrero. After 10 km, this dirt road ends at Santarena Hotel . There are a few hard turns, so watch for signs to Catalinas and for Potrero. Once in Potrero, drive around the soccer field to the northwest corner and continue on for only 5 km. A few more twists and turns and ups and downs …at the bottom of the final hill you’ll find the entrance to the hotel.
General Entry to Costa Rica
Kindly note…Regulations and procedures to enter and exit Costa Rica may change prior to this event, so be sure to check before you travel. Also, the following information is applicable only for U.S. citizens travelling from the U.S. into Costa Rica and back. If you are not a U.S. citizen and/or travelling to Costa Rica from another country, be sure to check the regulations that apply for your situation. At this time, the following is required:
- U.S. citizens from all 50 states and Washington, D.C. can enter Costa Rica via air on flights departing from the United States.
- U.S. citizens from all 50 states and Washington, D.C. can enter Costa Rica via designated land border crossing sites.
- Travelers to Costa Rica are not required to show proof of vaccination status or proof of a medical insurance policy to cover COVID-19 related illness.
- Costa Rican immigration officials have sole authority to determine the length of stay for tourists entering Costa Rica. Tourists seeking to extend their stay beyond the date indicated by immigration officials must contact the Directorate General for Migration. More information can be found at this link. Tourists are not able to extend their stay in Costa Rica beyond 90 days.
- U.S. tourists must also have a valid passport and proof of intent to exit Costa Rica within 90 days. (To prove intent to exit, U.S. citizens must possess a return ticket or a ticket as proof of when they intend to exit the country, commonly referred to as an outbound exit or onward ticket)
- Returning to the U.S.…As of 12:01 a.m. EDT June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.