Journey Along the Douro – Accommodations/Cost
Indulge in the Legendary Port and Nouveau Wines of Portugal
September 22 – 29, 2019
Accommodations & Cost
The cost for this retreat is $5,995 – $6,375 depending on chosen accommodations per person, double occupancy. This price includes:
- All sessions/presentations by Dr. Joe
- Pick up from Porto airport to Yeatman Hotel and drop-off to Porto airport within stated times. See Getting There for more info…
- All internal transportation. by private buses
- All breakfasts
- Four lunches and wine tasting
- Four dinners and wine tastings
- Tickets for Hop-On Hop-Off bus in Porto
- Entrance to Real Companhia Velha museum
- Entrance, tour and tastings at an additional cellar in Porto and and additional quinta (vineyard) in the Douro
- Harvest of grapes and wine-stomping experience
- Optional Morning Yoga sessions
- Discounts for SPA treatments
- Alchemy Bar workshop discount
- Tile Making Experience discount
- Earth Lab workshop as available
- All accommodations…see below
We have selected two pristine venues that capture the essence and beauty of Portugal’s heritage…
Please note…At the Yeatman hotel, if you are not a couple, you will have accommodations that have two separate beds. The Six Senses Douro Valley hotel is a superbly renovated 19th-century manor house and offers only king size beds; therefore you will be sharing a bed with your room-mate.
Superior room at the Yeatman Hotel and Vineyard room at the Six Senses Hotel…$5,995 – $6,195 per person double occupancy
Superior Deluxe room at the Yeatman Hotel and Quinta River and Deluxe room at the Six Senses Hotel…$6,375 per person double occupancy
Yeatman Hotel (5-Star Rating)
Some Photos of the Yeatman
Six Senses Hotel and Spa (5-Star Rating)
Six Senses Hotel and SpaSix Senses Douro Valley presents a superbly renovated 19th-century manor house set high on a hilloverlooking the vine covered rolling hills of the Douro Valley and the river below. A spa, a selection of rooms, suites and villas, restaurants, wine library, swimming pools and organic garden are but a few of the many features offered. Global luxury travel network Virtuoso announced the winners of its highly anticipated 2018 Best of the Best Awards at the 30th Annual Virtuoso Travel Week Conference, where Six Senses Douro valley was honored as the winner of Sustainable Tourism Leadership.
SPA…a union of nature and Portuguese tradition wedded to the elements of water, stone and wood, the spacious Six Senses Spa Douro Valley offers 10 treatment rooms. There is a heated indoor pool with water jets, an outdoor pool and refreshment bar plus a gym with the latest exercise equipment and professional guidance. Six Senses speciality treatments and multi-day programs are featured together with locally inspired therapies, some of which are grape and citrus fruit based.
Dining options at Six Senses Douro Valley are a celebration of the region with much of the produce coming from the verdant valley and surrounding countryside. An organic garden of vegetables and herbs is located right on the estate. Fresh ingredients are harvested only as needed, assuring ultimate freshness and flavor.
Vineyard room Quinta River/Deluxe room
Some Photos of Six Senses Hotel and Spa