April 15 – 21, 2018
Sugar Beach Resort, Playa Pan de Azúcar , Costa Rica
You want to build your coaching game.
You want to learn from the best.
You want to cover all aspects of coaching: mind, body, spirit, actions. Transforming lives while you transform bodies.
And you probably want to do it at a nice retreat center in Costa Rica on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. (At least, we do.)
We’ll give you the complete package.
Sessions to stretch your brain. Movement to stretch your body.
Learning… networking… and having fun.
- You’ll work with expert PN Coaches Krista Scott-Dixon, Kate Solovieva, and Craig Weller, specialists in behavior change, movement, and getting clients results.
- You’ll get to connect with other Certification students and graduates, learning together.
- You’ll get to play in the Pacific ocean.
- You’ll get daily relaxation and mindfulness sessions.
- You’ll explore — and maybe push — your own coaching potential.
These multi-day sessions, held in Costa Rica, will cater to our Precision Nutrition Coaching Certification students and graduates who are looking to further develop their coaching and self-development skills.
We’ll explore how to integrate and apply:
- best practices and the most up-to-date research from change / behavioral psychology
- practical tactics for helping ourselves and our clients transform their bodies and minds; sustain motivation; and build resilience;
- stress inoculation, self-regulation, and biofeedback training techniques originally developed for elite military operatives;
- movement sessions that develop mental and emotional strength as well as physical capacity and awareness.
Sessions will be a combination of interactive lectures, hands-on practice, and expert feedback aimed at enhancing overall performance and identifying areas for further growth.
An invitation from KSD, Craig, and Kate:
Join us for an amazing, powerful week in Costa Rica as together we explore:
Movement. Mental skills. Motivation. Mastery.
What does it take to become excellent as a coach?
We know you want to be more than “just a trainer”.
You want to be more, and better, than the average coach.
We know that excellence is important to you.
You’ve worked hard, studied hard, and practiced hard to master the basics of the PN Certification.
We see you putting in the effort.
We know you care.
We know you want to serve your clients, to push them, to help them be the best, healthiest, highest-performing versions of themselves.
We know you want to feel confident.
Like you can walk into any coaching situation and own it.
So we wanted to offer something for those of you who want to take your skills to the next level.
Let us show you how to go beyond “just coaching”.
Into transforming your clients’ bodies, choices, and — ultimately — lives.
This is your time — to learn, grow, build your skills, and be taught and challenged by world-class coaches and experts in nutrition, movement, and behavior change
Oh… and have some fun, too, right? (Wouldn’t it be great to finally take a break and do something for YOU, coach?)
So let’s get together.
Let’s hang out. Talk coaching. Learn. Move.
Spend time in one of the most beautiful places on earth, helping each other kick butt.
Register today for this amazing opportunity.
–KSD, Kate and Craig
Here’s how you’ll spend your time with us.
Please note that we may change some of the times and focus to better meet the needs of the participants.
We’ll range from educational talks to hands-on coaching workshops where you get to try out new skills, get feedback, and improve your coaching game. We’ll cover things like:
- Applied coaching and counselling psychology
- Dealing with “difficult”, “complex”, and/or “resistant” clients
- Assessment, action planning, monitoring, data analysis, follow-up, and outcome-based decision making
- Communicating effectively with clients (including having difficult conversations, interpreting confusing research, and handling conflicts)
- Helping clients find their strengths, resilience, and resources to move forwards
- Mental skills and toughness, including “inoculating” your clients against stress, anxiety, and burnout
- How to become a “mindset athlete”: Elevating your mental and emotional game as a coach
Like coaching sessions, these will blend education, practice, hands-on application, and feedback on activities like:
- Strength balancing yoga
- Muscle activation technique
- Pedagogy of teaching movement skills to clients
- Endurance racing techniques and experiences
- Active rehab modalities
We’re here to learn, network… and have fun. So, you can do as much or as little as you like.
You can socialize over dinner, enjoy a solo walk on the beach, play in the waves, catch a morning or evening yoga session…
It’s up to you.
This is your time.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
You’ll arrive during the late morning or early afternoon.
You’ll get a chance to settle in, play in the waves, get familiar with your surroundings, take a dip in the pool and get ready for your adventure.
We’ll have dinner around 6:30 pm, followed by an introductory session.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
7 am – Yoga
8 am – Breakfast
9-11 am – Coaching lectures / workshops
11 am-1 pm – Lunch and movement sessions
1-3 pm – Coaching lectures / workshops
3-5 pm – Movement sessions
Evenings – Open for dinner, social time, yoga… whatever you’re feeling
An optional fun day.
Choose from various adventure activities. (Costs are additional, and may vary.)
These can include:
- Horseback riding
- Paddle boarding
- Mountain biking
- Shopping at nearby town
- Spa treatments
Saturday, April 21
After breakfast, we’ll have our closing session and then shuttle people to the airport.
If you want to stay longer, we understand!
We can help you to make those reservations.
We think so.
Register now and join us for an unforgettable week together.